Please check back frequently for additional career announcements.
Community Development Planner - Omaha-Council Bluffs Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA)
The Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA) seeks resumes from qualified community development and planning professionals to provide disaster recovery assistance for communities. Specific areas of work include: preparing disaster recovery assessments and strategies; grant writing and project administration of infrastructure projects; housing and business recovery activities; property acquisition and demolition of disaster damaged homes; and planning activities. This position is a grant funded position that is approved for at least two years with a possibility of a longer duration depending on approved future projects.
MAPA is the Council of Governments serving a six-county region (Cass, Douglas, Sarpy and Washington Counties in Nebraska and Mills and Pottawattamie Counties in Iowa). MAPA performs work related to planning, community development, and transportation and other issues of regional significance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, review, interpret, and present data.
- Prepare disaster needs assessments and recovery plans for cities and counties.
- Provide education and training to local governments about availability of disaster recovery programs, services, and planning tools.
- Assist local governments in identifying and applying for disaster-related funding assistance from state and federal sources.
- Provide project management assistance on state and federally funded infrastructure, housing, business recovery, and property acquisition projects.
- Maintain project files, monitor project schedules and budgets, and preparation of progress and financial reports for funding agencies.
- Ability to work with city and county officials and staff, program clients, subcontractors, state and federal agencies, etc.
- Participate in regional collaboration and planning efforts relating to mitigation, response, and recovery efforts associated with future disaster events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in community and regional planning, public administration, or a relevant degree with one to two years’ experience a plus.
- Experience with Hazard Mitigation Grants, Community Development Block Grant, Economic Development Administration programs is desired but training will be offered to the right person
- Must be able to work independently with good time management and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external customers required.
MAPA reserves the right to hire at an appropriate level. This position will be filled at the Associate or Planner level based on qualifications. MAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Deputy City Administrator - City of Papillion, Nebraska
Position open until filled. EOE
The City of Papillion, Nebraska, is seeking a Deputy City Administrator to work alongside the City Administrator. The Deputy Administrator works independently managing multiple department heads and serves a significant role on the leadership team. Papillion is a rapidly growing community located in the Omaha-Council Bluffs Metropolitan area. Currently, Papillion’s population is 23,889 and projected to increase to 90,000. Strong Papillion economic growth provides the Deputy City Administrator new and exciting opportunities. Papillion’s elected officials value experience, education, and job performance, and therefore pay top dollar to recruit and retain the best talent in the region.
Starting salary range $89,038 - $116,973 DOQ. Excellent benefits. Exempt position. Interested applicants should apply online on the City’s website page at www.papillion.org under Human Resources, Applicant Portal. Profile document: https://www.papillion.org/DocumentCenter/View/6227/Deputy-City-Adminstrator-Profile-
Interested applicants, please apply at:
For more information on this position, contact:
Amber Powers, Assistant City Administrator