2018 NPZA South Central District Meeting scheduled for November 8 has be Cancelled.
2018 NPZA Fall Workshop
On October 10-11 the Nebraska Planning and Zoning Association (NPZA) will hold its fourth annual Fall Workshop. This year’s workshop will be in the newly renovated Ramada Inn – River’s Edge Convention Center in Columbus as the NPZA Board is continuing its commitment to move the fall workshop around the state in an effort to reach those who normally cannot make it to the annual Nebraska Planning Conference in Kearney.On October 10-11 the Nebraska Planning and Zoning Association (NPZA) will hold its fourth annual Fall Workshop.
This year’s workshop will be in the newly renovated Ramada Inn – River’s Edge Convention Center in Columbus as the NPZA Board is continuing its commitment to move the fall workshop around the state in an effort to reach those who normally cannot make it to the annual Nebraska Planning Conference in Kearney.This year we have a variety of topics including Planning Fundamentals, Open Meetings Act, Board of Adjustment, Problem Properties, Problem Meetings, Community Solar, and a facilitated discussion on retail trade in rural areas. It is a diverse selection of subjects that we believe will be helpful to everyone in attendance. Additionally, as always, we will have a question and answer session that many feel is helpful in resolving specific issues through the help of fellow planners and zoning administrators.
Registration Cost of the workshop is $40 for one day or $50 for both days.
Registration Deadline Was: October 5th, 2018
Who Should Attend?
Zoning Administrators, City Administrators/Managers, Planning Commission members, Board of Adjustment members, Elected Officials, City/County Attorneys, Community Planners, and anyone interested in Local Government.
Workshop Location & Accommodations
Ramada Inn – River’s Edge Convention Center
265 33rd Avenue
Columbus, NE 68601
Direct: (402) 564-1492
*Ask for the Nebraska Planning & Zoning Fall Workshop block ($93.00 + Tax).
2019 Nebraska Planning Conference - Call for Presenters / Sessions
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2018
The Nebraska Planning and Zoning Association (NPZA) and Nebraska Chapter of the AmericanThe Nebraska Planning and Zoning Association (NPZA) and Nebraska Chapter of the AmericanPlanning Association (NEAPA) will convene in Kearney, Nebraska in March of 2019 for theNebraska Annual Planning Conference. We invite you to share your experiences with local, state,and federal officials, industry leaders, consultants, and other interested parties by presenting asession. We are particularly interested in sessions related to:
- Site Plan Review
- New Trends in Planning
- Zoning Issues / Techniques
- Renewable Energy
- Agriculture / Rural Planning & Zoning
- Small Town Planning & Zoning
- Plan Implementation
- Stormwater & Floodplain Management
- Hazard Mitigation
- Regional Planning
- Urban Design
Submission of presentations on topics outside this theme are also welcome.
This Call for Presenters seeks a broad range of professionals to address the many issues andThis Call for Presenters seeks a broad range of professionals to address the many issues andproblems associated with planning. Topics will be selected for concurrent sessions during theconference. Sessions are typically 60 minutes of presentation time and 15 minutes of Q&A. Insome instances, presenters of similar topics may be scheduled to present with a panel.
The presentation form must be submitted by September 30, 2018. All selection and placementof presentations is at the sole discretion of the Conference Committee. Selected presenters willbe notified on or before October 31, 2018.
Submittal of a session proposal does not guarantee selection and the conference planningcommittee will make final decision on sessions approved for the conference. Sessions notselected will be retained for consideration at a future educational session.
If selected, you are responsible for the presentation and may be asked to provide presentationmaterials in advance of the conference to allow for participants to make copies, as needed.Should you be unable to attend, it is your responsibility to find another individual to present inyour place.
Submission deadline – September 30, 2018
Notification of selection – October 31, 2018
Nebraska Annual Planning Conference – March 6-8, 2019
Nebraska Planning Conference March 7-9, 2018
Kearney, NE at the Younes Conference Center
- 2018 Conference Program in PDF
- Things To Know About the Conference in PDF
- US Citizenship Attestation Form
- Click here for more information about becoming a Sponsor for the 2018 Planning Conference
- Click here for more information about becoming a NPZA Member
- Conference Mailer No Forms
- Save the Date Flyer for the 2018 Nebraska Annual Planning Conference March 7-9
2018 NPZA Conference Sponsors
Save the dates for future conferences
- March 6-8, 2019 at the Younes Conference Center
- March 4-6, 2020 at the Younes Conference Center
- March 10-12, 2021 at the Younes Conference Center
Information concerning the 2017 conference
- Conference Sessions
- Wednesday - 1100 - Hazard Mitigation Planning Presentation in PDF (Natalie Umphlett)
- Wednesday - 1100 - Community Development Law Presentation in PDF (David Levy)
- Wednesday - 1515 - Landscape Considerations Presentation in PDF (Cary Thomsen & Amy Haase)
- Thursday - 1345 - Ethics for Planners & Attorneys Presentation in PDF (David Levy)
- Thursday - 1345 - Ethics for Planners & Attorneys Presentation in PPTX (Keith Marvin)
- Friday - 0930 - New Trends in Housing Styles Presentation in PPTX (Keith Marvin)
- Click here for the 2017 Conference Program (2.36 MB)
- Click here for the 2017 NE Annual Planning Conference Flyer
- To join NPZA please fill out the Online Membership Application
2016 Conference Handouts
2016 Conference Pictures
2015 Conference Handouts
2017 NPZA Conference Sponsors
Click here to learn about becoming a sponsor